Pages

Monday, July 04, 2005

4th of July


I figured now that I cancelled my account I would immortalize my World of Warcraft character here. My Everquest account is now up and active and my characters are still there! sigh of relief Hubby and I have played for a few minutes here and there, but nothing serious. Our weekend was far too busy to be on the computer.

We went to a friends birthday BBQ party and had a great time. I seriously don't know how this woman can cook so much food and not go insane, but its good eating! I can't really say that anyone else showed up that I couldn't have done without. They tried to be sociable, but they ended up being as cliquey as they usually are, even sitting on opposite sides of the yard. I didn't really mingle with anyone. I just waited for my friend to finish cooking, and hid in the house with her sometimes.

The kids had a good time for most of the day, until another older girl starting harrassing both our kids. They all ended up fighting and crying. Course, put any kids together for the whole day and you'll end up with piles of mush instead of your children. They simply can't handle all that fun and stimulation from other people for too long.

Before we left for the night, we consecrated and blessed her new sacred space in her yard. Its a lovely circle, with a fire in the middle of it. Very much close to nature. Hubby said it was the best circle he's ever been in. I agree that there is some very good energy there.

My hips were really starting to bother me late that night, and I went inside to sit down on the comfy chair for a few minutes. Booboo was asleep on me in the carrier so I was just sitting there quietly. My friend actually came inside to sit down with me because she was concerned! I could have almost cried right then! Aside from my husband, I don't think anyone has ever been so concerned and loving to me in my life. It was a good feeling, but at the same time I'm worried that I might not be giving enough back. For that matter, what do I have to give her?? I don't feel like I have much that would be enough. That's always my problem in friendships. I feel so blessed to be loved and thought of, that suddenly I wonder if maybe I'm not fullfilling my job as a friend. I don't want to be a taker, but how can I be a giver if I have nothing tangible to give? My husband would say I'm thinking to deeply about this. I don't see any other way to think though.

Anyway, enough of my rambling before I make myself cry. Pregnancy hormones I tell you...

We went back to their house the next day for swimming, dinner, and fireworks. We had gone to see the fireworks here in town the week before, but these were 4th of July fireworks. Alright, I have to be totally honest here, I'm not a patriotic person by a long shot. I try not to bash, but I also do not proclaim my love for this country because I don't think this country is acting as it should anymore. There are many moments in every day where I wish I could move clear out of here, but I can't because of shared custody. So, we go to the fireworks just for the entertainment purposes... and nothing else. I support our troops, though I do not support the war. And I did not vote for this president. Politically I don't think this country has ever been in worse shape, and I simply gag at the thought of running around with flags on my shirt and saying "God bless America". Whew. I feel better with that off my chest... Anyway, the kids had a good time, the men got to have a burn pile and feel manly while they did it, (always a recipie for a good time) and us women got to be a bit more relaxed than we were the day before with all the other people there. Somewhere around midnight total and sheer exhaustion hit. I was afraid I'd fall asleep right in the chair, so we left to go home. I slept pretty well last night too.

We had a pretty packed weekened! More excitment than this boring family is used to thats for sure! I'm not sure if I want to move for the next few months now.. but hey, we had fun.

Oh, and did I mention the food? omg... YUM! This woman could have a career cooking and making peoples bellies happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment