Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A tour of Odin's preschool

In an hour the kids case manager is bringing me to tour the autism preschool in town. I'm blogging about it because I'm more nervous than anything I've done before and I'm absolutely not sure about sending him there. None of my children have left my sight this young. He's only three! Its only a few hours a day, and its not even every day. He's my baby boy though and I'm not sure if I'm ready to reliquish control. I dont' like the fact that Ivy leaves and goes to school because I KNOW that things come up that she has problems with during the day and I'm not convinced its being taken care of in 100% the best way. We're all human, but I don't know if I can risk my little boy being in that position.

I want to like it. I want to go in and find toys on shelves, and calanders, and visual supports, and heaps of sensory toys in every corner. I want to believe that an autism preschool would know not to play loud music at snack time, or that the sound of clapping makes him cry. I guess I've had no one to rely on for so long, no one that knew what I was going through.. that I don't feel I can trust anyone now. sigh I want today to be a good day. I'm going to go get dressed. Ya it was a lazy morning. Time to be productive and look at a preschool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment