Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Pregnancy Hormones

I have been crying on and off for the past few days. I don't feel pregnant except for the searing pain in my hips and back. I don't seem pregnant. I'm hardly big at all in comparison to my other pregnancies. I'm just bloated and blah. And then theres that pain thing. sigh

I want desperately to be happy, but I can feel the mood swings. I'm more sensitive and more angry than I usually am. I know, I know.. totally normal for pregnancy, but I hate it. I really do.

Tomorrow I have an OB appointment. Hopefully hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. I wonder if Booboo will behave and not scream the entire time we're in the office this time. That really does grate on my nerves. I ended up nursing her during my ultrasound. My OB said, "Well, I've never seen that done during this before!"

....Welcome to my life lady!


Witches Weekly for July 03

1. What do you think the role of pagan clergy is in our society/communities?

I've never really thought of this before, but I'd have to say that support, guidance, and of course participation in handfastings and other rituals. Since I do not view my religion as one that needs any "leadership" from the clergy, just being there as an elder to help guide and give advice would be what I'd like to see.

2. If there was a pagan temple in your community like the Temple of Sekhmet, would you use it for a place to hold handfasting, naming, and coming of age rituals?

absolutely!

3. Would you feel comfortable getting counseling from a member of the pagan community?

Yes! In fact, I have a good (Pagan) friend who is in college now to become a therapist and I would definitely see her in a professional capacity if she were not my friend. I'm not sure if counseling from a friend or acquaintance in the area I live in would be such a good idea though. Small town USA. I imagine people would have a hard time keeping such dirty laundry from being aired. But if it was someone I didn't know or associate with, who happened to be part of the Pagan community? Well, all the better! I once did have a therapist who was very unique. She studied feminism in college and was very up to date on Paganism as a whole, and was very understanding of my beliefs. She even incorporated rituals and the like into my sessions. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment