Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Answering Machine Message From Hell

I don't think I've ever been this creeped out in my life. I woke up this morning to notice there were a few messages on the answering machine from last night. A few friends calling, an automated "don't you want to change your cable rates?", and one very creepy message.

An old woman crooning into the phone, singing "Happy Birthday". At first I thought, "must be a wrong number, thats kinda cute." Then she directly said happy birthday to ME. Using MY NAME. Okay, well... its nowhere near my birthday, but using my name is creeping me out. I don't have a real commonly used name. A wrong number I can understand, but a wrong number using my name?? I played it a few times, and it sounds like the beginning to a bad horror movie. I'm offically creeped out. The message said, "I was just thinking about you. I hope you have a happy birthday (my name) and many happy returns. Give me a call back."

I've run through the list of people I know, and I absolutly without a doubt do not know any old women. All my grandmothers have passed on, and I don't have any other relatives!

shivers

So, could you do me a favor? If it was you that called to wish me happy birthday albiet a tad bit too early, let me know! It would be better than this image of a grandmotherly type killer clown that comes out to eat me...

No comments:

Post a Comment